Serves 4 - 6.
- 1 Eye Chuck Roast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 16 oz. Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 bunch Fresh Thyme
- 3 lg. Presentation Carrots, cut into large chunks
2. Pat roast dry with paper towels, salt and pepper well.
3. In dutch oven, brown meat on both or all sides for 2 minutes per side in olive oil, transfer to cutting board.
4. In same pan, sauté onion, carrots and celery till soft. Add garlic and sauté additional minute.
5. Add chicken stock till it will cover the meat half way (once meat is returned to the pan).
6. Add sugar, pepper, salt and thyme, stir well and return meat to center of pan.
7. Cover with foil, cover with lid and roast in oven for 4 – 5 hours on 300* degrees.
8. When there is one hour of cook time left, remove from the oven, move roast to cutting board.
9. Drain liquid to remove large chunks and set on a cool burner for 5 minutes.
10. Skim top of liquid to remove excess fat.
11. Place roast back into liquid, add presentation carrots, cover w/foil, cover w/lid and put back in oven for 1 hour.
12. Remove roast from dutch oven, set on cutting board, cover with foil to keep warm.
13. Place carrots and sauce on burner on medium-high, boil 5 – 10 mins or until tender. Remove carrots.
14. Increase heat to high and reduce sauce to make a gravy, serve over meat and carrots.