Makes about 36 cookies.
- 2/3 cup Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 375* degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, salt and baking powder, mix just till combined.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla till combined.
- Beat in flour slowly, in four parts, mixing till combined between each addition.
- Divide the dough in half, cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough until 1/8" thick.
- Cut into desired shapes (remember to coat cutters in flour between each cut) and place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 -8 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on sheet 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
Not too sweet and very spreadable, perfect for decorating cookies by Kathy Johnston.
Decorates about 30 cookies.
- 5 tbsp Butter, softened
- 4 tsp Milk
- 1 lb. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix all ingredients with electric mixer on medium-high speed till smooth.
- If too thin = add powdered sugar; If too thick = add milk; If too sugary = add butter