Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thousand Island Dressing

My grandmother's family recipe for thousand island dressing, the best thousand island I have ever tasted, the store bought versions don't even compare! by Jeannie Gibson.  Note: Grandma doesn't measure and neither do I, for this recipe I have guessed on the measurements, so feel free to experiment, she always taught me to go by color and taste.
Makes 1 - 2 cups

  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup Ketchup
  • 2 tbsp Sweet Pickles, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp Sweet Pickle Juice
  • 2 stalks Celery, chopped
  • Pinch Kosher Salt
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl till smooth.  
  2. If too light (in color), add more ketchup.
  3. If too red (in color), add more mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment