|Braised pork with rosemary sugar and cranberry relish|
- 1 lb. Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 8 Green Onions, cut into 2" lengths
- 2 Carrots, cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 12 oz. Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup Orange Juice
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of the sugar, rosemary, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Add the pork, turn to coat, rub well with rosemary sugar.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick Dutch oven or roasting pan, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork to the pan, along with the garlic, cook 2 minutes per side (for 4 turns), remove pork and set aside on plate.
- Add the scallions and carrots to the pan, cook for 3 minutes or until the carrots begin to color (if skipping the carrots, add scallions for 30 seconds, stirring frequently).
- Stir the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cranberries, orange juice and bay leaf into the pan, bring to a boil.
- Return the pork to the pan, reduce to a simmer, cover with lid or foil (if using roasting pan).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pork is 160* degrees internally.
- Remove pork from pan and let rest for 5 - 10 minutes before slicing.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf, slice pork into 1" rounds.
- Serve the pork with carrots and top with cranberry relish.
|Pork prior to baking in oven - without carrots|